On Saturday 15th July 2017, close to 50 performers took to the stage at Colden Common Community Centre to entertain the audience attending the AJ Dance and Fitness Summer Party 2017. There were a variety of performers from pre-school age through to adults entertaining the audience with classic songs and dances from the movies and musicals. As well as an afternoon of dance and music the audience and the performers were treated to a very yummy cream tea (thank you Keith, you did a fantastic job with the catering!) and a fantastic raffle.
I would like to say a big thank you to the following people:
- Francesca Brice Photography for capturing some fantastic images of the afternoon – please see a small selection of pictures below.
- Tom Holbrook for videoing the performances – video to follow!
- All local people and businesses for donating prizes to our fantastic raffle.
- Pete Leech for creating a fantastic souvenir programme and printing it for free.
- To all the performers for all their hard work in rehearsals and on the day.
- To all the people that contributed to the day from setting up to packing up and from helping in the changing rooms to running the raffle.
Thank you everyone who supported this event – it was a fantastic afternoon and a lovely way to end the academic year! All the proceeds from this event went to Naomi House and Jacksplace. We managed to raise an amazing £461.25! Thank you everyone for your kind donations.
Watch this space for a date and information on the AJ Christmas Party 2017 – preparations are already underway!
On Thursday 2nd February 2017 both Abbie and Jemma attended the first ISTD Graduation Ceremony held at Milton Court Concert Hall, The Barbican, London. Abbie and Jemma had both been invited by the ISTD for completing ISTD Teaching Qualifications in 2017. Abbie graduated from Level 6 Diploma in Dance Pedagogy as well as gaining Licentiate status in Tap Dance. Jemma graduated from Level 5 Diploma in Dance Education in Imperial Ballet, Modern Theatre and Tap Dance. It was a fantastic way to celebrate 2 years of hard work. Thank you to everyone who has supported us over the last two years. To see more please watch the video below:
or view it on YouTube using this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4h53BNNsdc.
On Saturday 22nd March I travelled up to Birmingham University for the FIRST EVER Fitsteps Showcase and WOW what an experience it was. The session started off with a 1 hour masterclass with Ian Waite and Natalie Lowe which was incredible. We learnt lots of new movements, flair and also new dances (watch out for these in your classes). We then had a talk given by Olympic Swimmer, Mark Foster, another founder of Fitsteps who explained about the health benefits of Ballroom and Latin Dances and of his experience on Strictly Come Dancing in 2008.